The 1st IReNA-Ukakuren Joint Workshop: Advancing Professional Development in Nuclear Astrophysics and Beyond
The 1st IReNA-Ukakuren Joint Workshop “Advancing Professional Development in Nuclear Astrophysics and Beyond” will take place on August 28th - September 1, 2023, at National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ).
This is the first workshop promoting exchange of human resources between Ukakuren and IReNA, with a core emphasis on professional development of young scientists.
The workshop will cover a wide range of research topics in nuclear astrophysics;
- Nuclear Equation of State
- Nuclear structures and reactions for astrophysics
- Stellar evolution, explosive phenomena, and nucleosynthesis
- The early Universe: Big Bang nucleosynthesis and metal-poor stars
- Chemical evolution of star clusters and galaxies
- New facilities and experimental techniques
- Neutrino and particle physics
- Recent hot topics and others
and we expect many discussions between researchers interested in nuclear physics experiments, nuclear theory, astronomical observations, nuclear astrophysics theory, and any related areas.