The Underground-NAG is a working group coordinated by JINA-CEE. This group will study the potential for making important measurements for nuclear astrophysics "located in the Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory" that require a small particle accelerator and very low backgrounds. The measurements made will be applied to the understanding of nuclear reactions and other processes in stars.
The CASPAR pilot facility at Sanford Underground Research Facility is now operational, and it will soon provide its first data on astrophysical reactions.
- The Compact Accelerator System for Performing Astrophysical Research (CASPAR)
- The JINA Underground Working Group
- Institute for Advanced Study School of Natural Sciences Princeton, NJ, USA (John Bahcall's home page)
- Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso, Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
- Dual Ion Accelerators for Nuclear Astrophysics (DIANA)