Cross-Institutional Mentoring Program
We have a mentoring program to connect mentors and mentees across sub-fields, based on the needs of our community. All JINA-CEE members are eligible to participate as mentees and/or mentors. A growing list of potential mentors can be found on the internal JINA-CEE Wiki.
The goals of this cross-institutional mentoring program are to:
- Build community within the interdisciplinary field of nuclear astrophysics, especially among those with marginalized identities
- Provide professional advice, resources, and constructive feedback to mentees
- Instill motivation and confidence through active listening
- Provide members with training in mentoring, and other professional development
- Provide support and advice for members in their career planning
- Prepare our early career scientists to be future leaders
- Facilitate networking and advocacy among members, including at large conferences
In addition to a formal mentoring event at the annual Frontiers Meeting, those in the mentoring program will receive periodic reminders to connect on topics such as coursework, summer plans, conferences, job searches, etc. We will also facilitate JINA-CEE networking events at large conferences such as AAS and APS. Resources will be added to this website and the slack channel over time.