Postdoctoral Position with DRAGON Facility
To support scientific research and experiments connected to the DRAGON recoil separator and TUDA charged-particle array astrophysics program at ISAC (which includes the SONIK scattering target at the DRAGON Facility). The Postdoc will be expected to participate in other ongoing astrophysics efforts at TRIUMF connected to the Astrophysics Group and will be actively encouraged to pursue their own research ideas for these facilities and programs.
- Participates in all DRAGON/TUDA-related experiments, providing support in data acquisition, analysis, and dissemination of scientific results for selected experiments.
- Provides support and expertise in facility operation and maintenance, as well as DAQ and detector upgrades.
- Will be required to occasionally supervise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participates in ongoing astrophysics efforts at TRIUMF connected to the Astrophysics Group.
- Will be encouraged to use state-of-the-art stellar modelling software (NuGrid) to investigate nuclear reactions in various stellar environments as part of the DRAGON program.
- Prepares reports and documentation.
- Disseminates results as articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals and at national and international conferences and workshops;