Postdoctoral Position in Laser Spectroscopy of the Heaviest Elements
The position is embedded in the project on laser spectroscopy of heavy and superheavy elements. The project aims at the development and implementation of novel approaches in laser spectroscopy in combination with gas-stopping techniques for radionuclides including experiments at the JGU and at the GSI Helmholtzzentrum in Darmstadt.
The successful candidate is expected to
• develop laser spectroscopic methods for the study of exotic nuclides in the region of the heaviest elements
• participate in experiments for the investigation of actinides and transactinide by resonance-ionization laser spectroscopy
• set up, develop and optimize customized laser systems (dye- und solid state, pulsed and cw)
• contribute to the supervision of Bachelor-, Master- und Doctoral students
• support teaching in the faculty of Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Geography and Geosciences