SECAR Postdoctoral Research Associate at FRIB
The Research Associate will perform research and development in nuclear astrophysics with SECAR supporting the NSF nuclear astrophysics group in the FRIB Experimental Nuclear Science division.
- Prepare and conduct experiments in experimental nuclear astrophysics, analyze and interpret the data, and disseminate the results in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings
- Advance the understanding of the SECAR system and develop, test, implement, and document improvements, auxiliary detection systems, associated data acquisition systems, and analysis tools.
- Be an active member of the NSF Nuclear Astrophysics Group and the FRIB Experimental Research Division and collaborate with other researchers and staff to further nuclear astrophysics science
- Follow Laboratory-wide policies, procedures, and standards and contribute to a safe and welcoming environment at the Laboratory
- Interact with undergraduate and graduate students and help to supervise their research
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties in this job classification.
Knowledge of and ability to apply principles and techniques pertaining to nuclear science and experimental research.
Experience with computer programming for the purpose of acquiring and analyzing data and for comparison with model predictions.
Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively and credibly, both verbally and in writing to peers and the scientific community.
Demonstrated interest in nuclear astrophysics.